Nominating Petitions for Board of Education Candidates
Petition packets will be available for pickup at the Office of the District Clerk, 400 Executive Blvd., 2nd Floor, Ossining beginning in March 2022 (date to be determined) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
In order for your name to be placed on the ballot as a candidate for a seat on the Ossining Board of Education, please note you:
- Must be a qualified voter of the District: a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years of age or older, be a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one (1) year prior to the election
- May not have been removed from any other School District office within the preceding year
- May not be a current employee of the School District
- Must be able to read and write
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
Petitions must be returned to the District Clerk, 400 Executive Blvd., 2nd Floor, Ossining, New York no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, April 18, 2022.
In order to determine your position on the ballot, a lottery drawing will be conducted by the District Clerk on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. in the office of the District Clerk. If you are unable to attend the lottery drawing, you may designate someone to draw on your behalf via a written and signed proxy form submitted to the District Clerk prior to the drawing. If the candidate is not present and absent such designation, a designee of the District Clerk shall be authorized to act as the candidate's proxy at the lottery drawing.
The candidate is responsible for submitting the required sworn campaign expense statements to the District Clerk when due.
NOTE: Electioneering is not permitted within 100 feet of the polling site.